
The past Sunday was the Vancouver Sun Run. This is a yearly event in Vancouver, where thousands of Vancouverites compete in a 10 kilometre run through scenic parts of downtown and the westend of the city. This year, a record 59,000+ participants took part. I was one of them!
But I didn't run. I walked. Yes, for me this was a chance to enjoy the sun after a hectic term at school (my last exam was two days prior to the event). It was a nice warm sunny day.
We had to start the "run" in stages. The serious and well trained competitors start first, and each batch thereafter progressively lacks the competitive spirit. I, for one, was in the LAST stage, along with the pram pushers! Yes, there are parents with children who too would like to partake in the event, and so they have their own group...where they can run (or run and push) their child in their pram.
I had gone to the event with some friends, but they got placed in the 3rd group, and me in the 5th. They started earlier than I and it was impossible to catch up to them, even though they too were only walking. They were about half an hour ahead of me. But I enjoyed the walk. I took some photos and really enjoyed being in Vancouver.

No comments:
Post a Comment