Thursday, May 29, 2008

An evening in front of the TV with today's music

Today, after about a year, I sat in front of the TV all evening long with the music channel on! I was editing my photos, sending emails out, basically doing nothing important. I haven't spent an evening like this in a long time...! Doing it today was quite nostalgic. I used to do this when I was a kid...watch Channel [V] (the music channel we used to get back home). Its funny how not much has changed in music they show on TV. I've never been very fussy with my music really. Anything with a beat, I'll like.

Though now I think lyrics are starting to matter a bit more to me.

There is this new song by Usher called "Love in this Club". I don't know, but it feels like he really didn't know what else to sing about. I think he had to come up with a song in a rush...as if he had a very short deadline to meet. He probably wasted his time and suddenly realized that he had 24 hours to come up with a song. I think his thought process was something like this when he was coming up with the song:

"Hmm, it has to be something sexy because sex sells. And people should be able to dance to it, because I am known for my dance-able songs. WAIT FOR IT, WAIT FOR IT....BINGO! Have sex in a club!!!" And then his masterstroke (which he was very proud of himself for coming up) was "Hey, wait a sec. Love and Club rhyme! This is awesome. Make Love ... in a Club!!"

A song I do really like right now is the new Coldplay song , Violet Hills. Here it is.




---------
C.

No comments: