Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Shenanigans

I haven't posted for a couple of weeks. Well, a lot has been happening and I've been quite busy. I was looking for a new apartment to rent. I wanted a two bedroom place. That was quite a chore...looking for a 2 bedroom apartment in Vancouver that is within walking distance of a SkyTrain, within a decent budget and not in an old building is, well, hard! But I found a great place for $100 over my budget! I am really excited to move in .

I went on a weekend trip to a beautiful region of British Columbia. There is something to be said about a place where all you can see is trees until the horizon. British Columbia is absolutely beautiful.



I have also been busy doing my research work. I want to get as much work done just now because I have family visiting me for most of July. I am also taking a course this semester, which is nice, but is another "thing" to do. I want to get started with it's project too, so that I can finish it sooner rather than later!

Then I've been going to the gym, once a week. I am glad I got that into a routine of sorts.

Then I bought flight tickets back home and to Copenhagen for the Christmas break! I am excited about that too!

I carried two IKEA chairs for about a kilometer at 12:30am on a Friday night, recently. And I filed, refiled and will soon be re-refiling my 2006 taxes! Don't ask ... end result is good though. I get more tax credits than expected :D A lot of tax work has been going on recently, and I must say, I enjoy being part of this tax process. I got a well informed agent to file it for me (it is way too complicated and I need it all to be correct), but I like how we can try using credits from here and there and squeeze every last cent out of my oweings! If I had the patience for number crunching and form filling, I'd be a tax lawyer.

---------
C.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's been a really long while since you posted your last blog, C!

British Columbia is indeed BEAUTIFUL!